So I had a thought that I'd like to make a day of the week focused on posting about things I'm thankful for...and maybe that will encourage some of you to keep a list of what you're thankful for as well. I Thessalonians 5:18 says "In EVERYTHING give thanks, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." Pretty clear, huh?
I didn't want to forget to do it so my super clever way of keeping it easy to remember is to have "Thankful Thursdays." Yeah, I know, I'm clever. I'd love it if you guys would post your list in the comments section as well! Here goes my first list.....
1. Salvation...gotta start with the biggest one of all, right? Everything else flows from this. I have life because of my position in Christ.
2. My hubs....he is truly my other half. I am so thankful God gave him to me...I love him to pieces.
3. My son....he is such a miracle and a blessing to me. I feel blessed to be able to be his mom.
4. Sunny days....feeling the warmth of the sun on my face makes all my insides feel warm and gooey...gotta love it!
5. My bed....at the end of a long day, when I'm completely wiped and exhausted, I couldn't be more thankful to collapse into my incredibly comfy bed...ahhh...it's so nice!
6. Sugar...I know it's not entirely healthy for us, but it taste sooo GOOD..it makes me happy!
7. Our Youth Group...I absolutely love working with the teens in our church...they keep me feeling young and I can act as goofy as I want around them. I'm so thankful we get to help in that capacity.
I'll try and do at least 7 each week...1 for everyday. I hope it inspires you to be more thankful. Please tell me your lists..I'd love to read them!
Thought-Full Thursday: Hope
7 hours ago