The crazy journey of our family living this beautiful life for our awesome God!
"...Whatsoever you do, do ALL to the glory of GOD." 1 Cor. 10:31

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Getting Started

Ok, so I have to be honest, I've been trying to start this blog for weeks! I have been hem-hawing about whether or not to do it and so I start, and then stop and then start again.  So here it is, and I am so excited about it!! This blog is going to be a great way for me to tell about the awesome things God is doing in our lives, and keep everyone up-to-date on our family life! The Lord has been teaching me sooo much lately, and I really want to share about it.  So I hope this blog is a good way to spread the news about what God's been doing in my life and in the life of my family.  And...I hope you enjoy reading about it.

Why am I feeling inspired to do this you may be asking?

Well, God has been working in my heart so much lately and it feels like its about to burst...so I'm gonna let it burst on here!  I want to share the journey He's taking me on and this seems like a really good way to do it.  Also, I've stumbled upon a few really good blogs recently and they've been such an encouragement and a challenge to me, so I hope to be able to do the same thing for someone else.  Even if it's just 1 person. 

What in the world do I have to write about?

Well, it may not be interesting to you, but hopefully some of it is.  God has brought me through such an amazing ride the last few years and I hope to share some of that and how it has lead my husband (Luke) and I to where we are right now.  I've been really convicted lately to put into action the words of 1 John..."Let us not love in word and tongue, but in DEED and TRUTH." As a follower of Christ, I am called to be His hands and feet to the world.  Not just to cocoon myself up into my own little "Christian" world, BUT to get out and show God's love in a REAL way to people who are hurting, people in need of a Savior. 

Plus, how can I not write about the adorable little love of my life...Grahm. :)  He's such a miracle and blessing from the Lord and he lights up my life everyday.  So maybe he might put a smile on your face once in a while too.  How can he not?  He's cute, squishy, crazy, growls for fun and has enough energy to compete with the Energizer Bunny!
     What else?....Well, I might throw in a few of my favorite things, like DIY home decor, food, books and church life.  We'll see what inspires me. :)
     Oh.! and something that's just maybe, kinda, really BIG in our lives right now!  ADOPTION!  Yes, we are working on embarking on what I know is going to be an amazing journey in our lives... adoption.  So, I'll try and keep you posted on the twists and turns of that story as well.

I hope this blog is a testimony of what the Lord is doing in my life and that it inspires, encourages and challenges you to live for Him more fully. 

So...here we go!



  

4 comments:

Cami P. said...

Callie,
Congrats on moving forward with the adoption process!
I'm excited to hear more news and updates. I know the
process can be a strenuous and tedious one but I hope God
helps to make the entire journey joyful for you.

Callie said...

Thanks Cami! And thanks for being my first "comment-er"! Makes me feel special that someone is actually reading! :)

Alexis said...

How exciting! Congrats!

Courtney said...

Yay Callie, I can't wait to keep up with you through the Blog world! Can't wait for the exciting new about adoption and to see little Graham growing up! Blogs definitely help me keep in contact with family while living far away in Nebraska.

There was an error in this gadget