The crazy journey of our family living this beautiful life for our awesome God!
"...Whatsoever you do, do ALL to the glory of GOD." 1 Cor. 10:31

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

DIY Paper Wreath

I finally finished it!!!! The project I mentioned last week that I've been working on for a few weeks now and that I've been wanting to do for a while now is actually done!  And it's actually hanging on my wall.  Happiness! :)

It's a book wreath that I made out of an old book's pages and I love how it turned out.  Here's the pics and the how-tos.....

The supplies: Hot glue gun, book pages (I painted the edges of the book black first, to give it an antique look, then tore them all out of the book) styrofoam wreath form and a good book on tape (that's just for your listening pleasure :) ).


I rolled up the book pages however I felt and hot glued them to secure the roll.  Then I folded the ends and glued them to the wreath, in no particular fashion. 


As I was working on the wreath I realized it would help cover the styrofoam better if I wrapped it in the book pages.  So I glued book pages all over the wreath.  I would do this first next time.  Then keep gluing the rolled pages all around the wreath until it suits your fancy and looks the way you want. 


Here's the goober...hanging out while mom works on her project. Cute kid. :)


And...ta da! The finished project!


Hanging in its place in our living room.  I really feel like the wall behind it needs painted so the wreath pops more, but I'm having a hard time convincing the hubs.  We'll see. ;)

Hope your Tuesday is going well! 


2 comments:

Nicole said...

That turned out really cute!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful room! This is my first visit to your blog, and I'm excited to read more of your journey, and a bit about your home decor.
Blessings!
Liv

There was an error in this gadget