The crazy journey of our family living this beautiful life for our awesome God!
"...Whatsoever you do, do ALL to the glory of GOD." 1 Cor. 10:31

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Family Rules Boards...Check it out!


So I've got an idea....that could be a good thing, but it could be scary. ;)   But...I'm gonna give this one a try and see how it works out.  We thought we'd throw it out there for you all to have an opportunity to be a part in giving an orphan a forever family.  I found a great idea from Andrea at Babe of My Heart for a Family Rules Board.  I made a couple for my sister and sister-in-law for gifts recently and I love how they turned out.  So, I thought I would try making them and selling them as a fundraiser for an orphan.  Here are the ones I made for my sisters....









Sorry the pictures aren't great quality...they were taken on my phone. ;) 




So, if you would like to order one I can custom make it for your family rules (or whatever you want it to say).  For my sisters' I interviewed their kids and then added some rules from the parents as well.  There is typically room for about 10 rows of rules, but I can "double up" rules on some of the rows if they are short enough.  It's done on a 16x20 canvas and I can coordinate the colors to match the room you want it in.  For example, my sister's living room is red so I went with more red tones in the designs I used.  


So...here's what I need from you if you would like to order one....
1. Either leave a comment on this post or e-mail me with your order information.
2. Include your family's last name, it will read "The ____________ Family Rules" (Or whatever you want it to say)
3. List the rules you would like included on the board, if you want a specific order, be sure to let me know. (Or whatever you want written on it)
4. Specify the color scheme you would like me to use
5. Include contact info for how I can get back with you if I have any questions or clarifications

So what's it gonna cost you?  Just $40 will get you one of these sweet things! We would be glad to accept any donation that you want to give, so I won't turn down a donation of more than $40. :)  

How are you going to pay?  Well, I've added a Paypal button to my blog for this and I included different amounts so people can donate what they would like.  If you live near me I can just take your payment in person.  

How are you going to get it?  Well, obviously if you live near me I can just hand deliver it to you.  If you are out of state then I can ship it to you.  It will cost $10-12 for shipping depending on where you live.  I know that is pricey, but the size of the boards makes it a bit tricky.  And that is just for the shipping cost, it doesn't cover packaging, I'll cover that.  So let me know where I'll be shipping it when you order and I'll let you know how much to pay.  There is an option with the Paypal button for shipping, one for $10 and one for $12, depending on where you live, so you'll just pay through that.  

Ok...I think I've covered everything.  Let me know if I haven't!  I would really appreciate it if you would spread the word and tell anyone you know about it...just point 'em towards my blog.  It would mean so much!  Thank you Thank you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it possible to do an alternate size?

Callie said...

Yes, I could probably do a different size. However, if it was a smaller size then it probably just wouldn't fit as many rules. 11x14 and 8x10 are the other sizes I could probably get the canvas in. The 16x20 sounds big, but it looks great as a stand alone piece and really doesn't end up being as big as it sounds. But, let me know what you think. Thanks!

Worthy of the Prize said...

Great fundraiser! I would love it if you would link it up at our Adoption Awareness Linky Party to help me spread the word!

http://worthyoftheprize.blogspot.com/2012/11/adoption-awareness-linky-party.html

There was an error in this gadget