The crazy journey of our family living this beautiful life for our awesome God!
"...Whatsoever you do, do ALL to the glory of GOD." 1 Cor. 10:31

Friday, May 18, 2012

Playroom DIY and More Art Boards

I've been wanting to share this post for a while but just haven't gotten around to it.  We've been working on our playroom for a while and we finally got some really big projects done up there.  I love how it's turning out!  I still have some more to do but it will come in time.  For now I'll share with you what we've accomplished....

The Teepee!....this was supposed to be way easier that it started out! ha!  That is how my DIYs often start off!  I had a pattern to follow but it didn't work right so I ditched that plan and just kinda created my own thing.  I took 6 metal poles and spray painted them tan so they would look like wood (it was way cheaper to use the metal poles).  Then I secured them at the top with heavy duty rubber bands and spread them out in a circle evenly, with a little wider section between 2 of the poles.  I wrapped painter's canvas around the poles and pinned it on and then just cut off the excess fabric.  I used shower curtain rings, attached to the canvas, and then placed the poles through the rings to secure them to the canvas.  I used grommets to attach the canvas at the top and laced them up with twine.  I love how it turned out...I think it will be a fun "fort" as our kid(s) grow!  (sorry for the bad lighting...there's a window right next to it without curtains)


The daunting ABC wall!  I've been collecting letters forever!!  I finally got all the letters of the alphabet collected and decorated Luke oh so kindly hung all 26 of them for me!  I love how it turned out.  If you want to do something like this just check craft stores regularly, the $1 store, the $1 bins at Target, etc.  


Giant World Map....I found this online for like $1...SWEET!  I used a plexi-glass frame so that we can use dry erase marker on it.

Vinyl book tree.....I bought a vinyl tree online and it was actually way easier to put up than I thought...except that every leaf had to be put on one by one!  But I love how it turned out.  Then we used some narrow shelves we had to hang as "branches" and displayed some classic books on them.  One of my favorite projects in the room. :)

Art Center
Luke helped me make this from all scratch.  We bought the white board at The Home Depot and cut it to 4'x4'. Then we framed it with baseboard and Luke made a "shelf" at the bottom to place canisters, etc.  
We nailed 12x12 cork board pieces to the corners and used desktop files to old paper, etc.  And the roll of paper is hung on a towel rod.  

Here is one side of the room...I plan to make a kitchen for this side..but it's got the dollhouse, ABC wall, dress-up area, world map and reading teepee....


And the other side...Art Center, kid's desk and felt board. (The book tree and Giant ruler are on this side as well)

And here's the little guy who loves playing up there!  Yep, he's pretty much the cutest ever. :)

Oh..and I've got a few more boards to share with you.....

Luke 10:27 "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength and with all your mind and your neighbor as yourself." In warm reds, oranges and yellows.  This one is done on a longer 12x24 board.  I LOVE how it turned out!


Another "Love" board from 1 Cor. 13 in neutral colors...tans, whites and blacks

"Live every moment, Love Beyond words, Laugh Everyday" in Black and pink on an 11x14 board

As always, just send me a message, an e-mail or a comment on the blog to let me know if you would like to make an order.  You can check out more of my boards here.  Thank you so much to everyone who has purchased a board and helped give an orphan a forever family!  




2 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh Callie, I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the playroom you have! So much fun and such great ideas!

Callie said...

Thanks Courtney! It was fun to finally get put together!

There was an error in this gadget