"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." James 1:17
I'm happy to be back to Thankful Thursday. I missed writing this post last week...but I did think about it while I was away. Here's my list for the week....
1. Unexpected beauty....I didn't really know where I was going for this adoption conference/retreat so I had no idea what to expect. But I definitely didn't expect the breathtaking beauty that I found once I arrived at the hotel. It was awe-inspiring. I love it when God gives us unexpected glimpses of His glory through the beauty He creates. It touches way down deep in my soul.
2. My son's hands....I was watching my son sleep one day this week and rubbing his little back and I just loved looking down and seeing his tiny hands snuggled next to his face....they are so precious and so perfect...exploring a great big world while holding onto my hand along the way. I love wrapping his fingers up in mine and when he places his palm against mine as if to say, "I'm yours mom, love me forever" So sweet.
3. Being saturated with the Word...we've had special evangelistic meetings at our church this week and I know it makes for a really crazy week, especially with little ones, but each night I couldn't wait to go back and I was sad when it was all done. I soaked up everything the Lord was saying through the preacher and I'm thankful for times like that when you can be filled up with God's Word.
4. Unexpected friendships....you know when you meet someone and you just click because of a common bond or a kindred spirit? You didn't necessarily expect to make that friendship but even if you only had a little time together your hearts were just knit together? I got to experience a few of those at the conference this last weekend and I'm thankful for the relationships the Lord lead me to...especially since I was soo nervous about it!
5. My son's joy when I got home....oh. my. word. This just melted my heart....I got home really late at night from the conference so the next morning I went in to get him out of bed and the boy filled my momma heart with overflowing joy. :) He wrapped his arms around my neck and kept kissing my shoulder and patting my chest and then looking at me and smiling (He's 16 months right now)...it was the sweetest thing for a mom...warmed my heart so much.
6. My new niece Kynlee! My brother and his wife had their first child this week and she is just absolutely precious and perfect. She is beautiful and so sweet and I'm so happy for them and the joy they get to experience as they become parents for the first time. Watching my little brother love on his new baby girl was a picture worth remembering...brought tears to my eyes.
7. Hearing the birds outside...both here at home and at the retreat. When I sat outside by the lake at the retreat and read, all I could hear was the birds in the trees above me. It's one of those peaceful, calming sounds the fills up my heart. And since I've been home the birds have been all over in our yard...I love hearing them each morning, reminding me that a new season of life is here and there's new life happening outside.
I love the verse I included in this post today because it helps remind me that all of this beauty...this joy and heart-warmth goodness....is from God. He is the Creator of it all and the blessed Giver of it all. So we mustn't forget to turn it all back to praise to Him. So, happy praising this weekend!
Links for 2017-03-25 [del.icio.us]
2 hours ago