Thankful Thursday is back! And hopefully it will be a little more consistent now that our lives have slowed down a bit! :)
1. Summer Vaca's....I love the flexibility, long days and adventures that come with summer. I know it doesn't really change much for us since we don't work in a school system...BUT, it's still the time of the year that we plan most of our getaways and I love getting out and exploring and making new adventures no matter how big or small. We made a lot of good memories this summer that I will always hold in my heart. :)
2. Normal life....as much as I love the busy of summer and all of the adventures, I'm also really thankful to get back to our normal life and routine. I love living our life and getting back into the swing of schedule and routine. As much as I love the spontaneity and crazy of summer I also really enjoy slowing down and just doing normal life. I think it helps me to be more discipline with my priorities as well.
3. Being crazy with my son and hearing him laugh at my goofiness....I love that my kid is still young enough to not be embarrassed by his crazy mom and that he enjoys it when we're goofy. I was dancing around the kitchen to a fun song this morning while he ate breakfast and he was just loving it, belly laughing at my silliness. And then telling dad, "mom silly." Love laughing with my kiddo..even if it's at me!
4. Our new puppy!....I don't know if I'm fully ready for everything that comes with raising a puppy (destruction, messes, constant attention, whining, more destruction and more messes!), but I'm so thankful we found a new puppy to be a part of our family and grow with us. It was so sad and devastating to lose our dog at the beginning on this summer and it's been hard to let go and find a new one without feeling like we are trying to "replace" Kodiak. But I'm liking the new little guy, Denali, and I think he's gonna grow on us just fine. :)
5. Having a little helper....Grahm is at the age where it's fun and cool to "help" mom and I love how exciting he gets about it. Just asking him to help mom carry his diapers to the wash is exciting and he LOVES to come alongside me and be "big" like mom. He's also a fun little help in the office as he loves to pass papers back and forth between mom and dad. Let's hope we can maintain his eager desire to help. :)
6. The random things that make mom life exciting!...Oh it's funny how much your perspective changes once you become a mom. The littlest things make your day and send you texting every friend you know about it. Whether it's your little one taking their first steps, obeying for the first time or...Pooping in the potty! Ha...I never knew I could be so excited about that but when Grahm unexpectedly pooped in the potty this week I just about took a picture of it and sent it to his dad and my mom cuz I was so proud of him! Gotta love motherhood...makes you do things like get excited over poop. :)
7. Sharing life with people...I love having a community of people who are involved in our lives and us in theirs. I love watching my friends' and family's kids grow up, praying for my friends in whatever they're going through and them praying for us, and just sharing in each other's ups and downs. God definitely made us for community and I'm thankful for the relationships he's placed in our lives.
I hope you all are having a good week and taking time to remember to give thanks. No matter how big or small, always look for the grace and beauty in every moment!